There is no way to describe the history and the troubles of Northern Ireland in just a few words, but hopefully this will give you some sort of brief understanding.
- What do you know about Northern Ireland?
- Why is it a part of the UK and not a part of Ireland?
- We start by watching a video about why there are conflicts in Northern Ireland – it is not very easy to understand.
2. READ the text on Northern Ireland och svara på frågorna på slutet.
3. We listen to the song ” Sunday, bloody sunday” by U2, and then you listen to it again, and try to translate the lyrics into Swedish. What is it about?
4. PAIR WORK: Read to each other out load. Talk IN ENGLISH about your understanding. Write and answer questions according to the exercise in the text. As a final touch, we READ The Legend Northern Ireland . But befor we do, I want to show you some pictures of how the Giant´s Causeway look today.
5. What do we know now, that we didn’t know before? Let´s talk!