In groups, discuss the following questions.
- – What are your opinions on the Stolen Generations?
- – Why do you think some Australians deny the idea of the Stolen Generations
- – What do you think the impact of the Stolen Generations has been on the Australian Aboriginal community? Think about the effects on the children, as well as on the communities in general.
- – How do you think the Australian Aboriginals’ situation is in Australia today? What problems might there be between them and the government?
- – Do you think the government has a responsibility to help them? Why/why not?
- – Can you think of examples from your own society/country that may have a similar history?