What does the word mean?
1.human beings collectively.”appalling crimes against humanity”
synonymer: humankind, the human race, the human species, mankind, man, people, mortals;Homo sapiens”humanity evolved from the higher apes”
”he praised them for their standards of humanity and care”
|synonymer:||compassion, brotherly love, fellow feeling, humaneness, kindness, kind-heartedness, consideration, understanding, sympathy, tolerance, goodness, good-heartedness, gentleness, leniency, mercy, mercifulness, pity, tenderness, benevolence, charity, generosity, magnanimity
”he praised them for their standards of humanity, care, and dignity”
Here are some famous quotes that all have to do with humanity and about being human among other humans.
- Read them.
- Look up words that you don’t understand.
- Talk to your friend about them – what do they mean? Do you agree or not? Describe a situation where this quote could be applied.
- Choose the quote you like the most and motivate.
- ”We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings”. Albert Einstein
- ” One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world”. Malala Yousafzai
- ” Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed”. Mahatma Gandhi
- ” I’m for truth, no matter who tells it. I’m for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I’m a human being, first and foremost, and as such I’m for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole”. Malcolm X
- ” Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed”. Martin Luther King Jr
- ” Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself”. Leo Tolstoy
- ” You must be the change you wish to see in the world”. Mahatma Gandhi
- ” This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind”. Neil Armstrong
- ” The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”. Albert Einstein
- ” No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite”. Nelson Mandela
- ” The world is a stage, but the play is badly casted”. Oscar Wilde