As you might know by now, I am a big fan of Roald Dahl. I try to include a text by him whenever I can, and I thought we’d read Lamb to the Slaughter this year.
What does ”Lamb to the Slaughter” mean? What pictures do you get in your head? What does the word SLAUGHTER mean? (it’s OK to use Bab.la). Any new pictures in your head?
- First, let’s get to know the author Roald Dahl. Open up this page Roald Dahl and read the interesting story of his Life. Then, open up these Roald Dahl Quiz Questions and answer together with a friend. Write your answers in your classbook. Talk English.
Now, let’s read the text Lamb to the Slaughter:
- First – read Roald Dahl Lamb to the slaughter del 1. Read by your self.
- Talk to your friend.Who are the main characters in this text? What does Mr Maloney tell his wife? What was it that he needed to talk about? What do we know now, and what do you think will happen?
- Read the rest of Roald Dahl Lamb to the slaughter del2 Read by your self.
- Talk with your friend about what happened, in the text. Talk English. Did you understand the text the same? Were you right in your assumptions?
- Now – write down notes from the text, notes that will make it possible for you to retell the story to me. I will call you in one-one and have you retell the story to me.
In the meantime, when waiting for your turn – Work with the exercises below. They are to be finished by end of this unit.
- Put the sentences in the correct order, by clicking on them, one by one: Exercise 1, Lamb to the slaughter
- Take this Lamb to the slaughter QUIZ
Roald Dahl is, as you know, famous for the unexpected twist in his stories. Watch this amazing video clip together:
3. Now – practise verbs:
- The link below take you to the Gramar8 page. You are to practise VERB SOM GLOSA 1. 2, 3 and TEMAFORMER 1, 2.
- Gramar 8
4. Open up THIS page, read and do the exercises.
5. And here is my all time favourite Roald Dahl clip: