- Look at this picture. It gives great information about the book, what the book is about and what you are going to understand and experiance when reading it.
- WHAT DO YOU THINK THE BOOK WILL BE ABOUT? Talk with your friend!
3. This is the text on the back of the book. Does it give you more information about the book? Do you think you will enjoy reading it? Talk with your friend!
”Bestselling author Sherman Alexie tells the story of Junior, a budding cartoonist growing up on the Spokane Indian Reservation. Determined to take his future into his own hands, Junior leaves his troubled school on the rez to attend an all-white farm town high school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.
Heartbreaking, funny, and beautifully written, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, which is based on the author’s own experiences, coupled with poignant drawings by Ellen Forney that reflect the character’s art, chronicles the contemporary adolescence of one Native American boy as he attempts to break away from the life he was destined to live.”
4. Together we will watch a documentary on what it is like to grow up in a reservation: Our America – Life on the rez
5. Vi över glosor:
6. Book and audio: The Absolute true story…
- You are to have read the first 10 chapters by second English class in week 36.
- You are to have read chapters 11-20 by second English class in week 38.
- You are to have read chapters 21-30 by second English class in week 40.
7. Sometimes it is easier to understand a text if you already know what is going to happen. If so, you can read a short summary of each chapter HERE
8. Book Talks, group discussions will take place second English class weeks 36, 38, 40. Open up The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian- Discussion Questions and talk with your friends. You don’t have to write down your answers.
9. You are to write a book report when you have finished the book – open up this document to learn how!
10. Lets check out the auto biography of the author of this book – how much of the book do you think has really happened? Sherman Alexie
11. We do this Edpuzzle together!
A. Visit Edpuzzle.
B. Register and put in this class code: atehuza
C. Watch the clip and answer the questions.