- Look at this picture. It gives great information about the book, what the book is about and what you are going to understand and experiance when reading it.
- WHAT DO YOU THINK THE BOOK WILL BE ABOUT? Talk with your friend!
3. This is the text on the back of the book. Does it give you more information about the book? Do you think you will enjoy reading it? Talk with your friend!
”Bestselling author Sherman Alexie tells the story of Junior, a budding cartoonist growing up on the Spokane Indian Reservation. Determined to take his future into his own hands, Junior leaves his troubled school on the rez to attend an all-white farm town high school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.
Heartbreaking, funny, and beautifully written, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, which is based on the author’s own experiences, coupled with poignant drawings by Ellen Forney that reflect the character’s art, chronicles the contemporary adolescence of one Native American boy as he attempts to break away from the life he was destined to live.”
4. Watch a documentary on what it is like to grow up in a reservation: Our America – Life on the rez
6. Book and audio: The Absolutely true diary…
7. Open up The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian- Discussion Questions and answer them in writing according to the time plan. The questions will also be used in your book talk.
- You are to have read the first 10 chapters by second English class in week 46.
- You are to have read chapters 11-20 by second English class in week 48. Answer questions 1-9.
- You are to have read chapters 21-30 by second English class in week 50. Answer questions 10-18.
( Sometimes it is easier to understand a text if you already know what is going to happen. If so, you can read a short summary of each chapter HERE)
8. Book Talk, group discussions, will take place second English class week 49.
9. Vi övar glosor:
10. We do an Edpuzzle together! The exercise is called ”Native American Culture”.