- You are going to read a wonderful text named ”A shovel with my name on it”.
- What do you think the text will be about? Talk with your friend!
- Look at these four words that will appear in the text. What do you think the text will be about now?
Dig Neighbour Sheriff Backyard
- Now – lets read the text. You find the text HERE
- In writing, summarize the text together with your friend. What was the text about? Hand in your summarisation.
- Individual writing exercise: A letter of confession (what does that mean?)
You are going to write a letter of confession. Imagine you are the sheriff in the story A shovel with my name on it.
Write a letter where you tell what really happened that night, at Hank’s house. Try to come up with a credible explanation according to the information you got from the text. Try fill that hole in the story.
- In order to write a letter in English, we need to find out HOW to write a letter in English! Open up Skriv brev på engelska and find out! We will of course go through it together.
- Also remember:
- Use the past tense. Write ”I spoke”, ”I ate”, ”I ran”, ”I was speaking”, ” I was eating”, ”I was running”.
- Structure your text in paragraphs.
- Use an appropriate language.
- Follow general rules for grammar and writing.
Hand in your text in Vklass.
- We end this project by watching the text played out as a short film.