- You are going to read a wonderful text named ”A shovel with my name on it”.
- What do you think the text will be about? Talk with your friend!
- Look at these four words that will appear in the text. What do you think the text will be about now?
Dig Neighbour Sheriff Backyard
- Now – lets read the text. You’ll find the text HERE
- Summerize the text with help from your friend. What was the text about?
- Writing exercise: A letter of confession (what does that mean?)
You are going to write a letter of confession. Imagine you are the sheriff from the story A shovel with my name on it.
Write a letter where you tell what really happened that night, at Hank’s house. Try to come up with a credible explanation according to the information you got from the text. Try fill that hole in the story.
- In order to write a letter in English, we need to find out HOW to write a letter in English! Open up this document and find out! We will of course go through it together.
- Writing dates can be a tricky thing. If you ALWAYS write as the example below you will ALWAYS be correct and be understood:
På brittisk engelska skrivs datum i formen 4 June 2014 eller bara 4 June, utan något kommatecken eller punkt. Undvik den omständliga formen the 4th of June 2014 och sifferformen 4/6/14 som lätt kan missförstås.
- Also remember:
- Use the past tense.
- Structure your text in paragraphs.
- Use an appropriate language.
- Follow general rules for grammar and writing.
- We end this project by watching the text played out as a short film.